- Read the updates from the North
- Read the updates from the East
- Read the updates from the West
- Read the National Update
London and South East | Adrianna's update
What’s coming up in August:
- ‘This Art of Mine’ Family fun day: pottery painting, bouncy castle bouncing, picnic eating, social socialising.
- Little Buds Farm, ME14 3LR (not too far from Maidstone)
- Saturday 5 August
- Skiffing: An event where we row up past Hampton Court Palace and come back to an enormous brunch and great chat.
- Ditton Skiff & Punting, Albany Reach, Queen's Rd, Thames Ditton KT7 0QH
- Sunday 6 August
- Grow your own desert island: An opportunity for kids to plant their own mini desert island and take it home, a chocolate treat and drink. A chance for the grown-ups to have a catch up!
- Millets Farm, Kingston Road, Oxford, OX13 5HB
- Wednesday 16 August
- Draw!: A bit of summer holiday fun for your little ones. An event based on all things drawing and colouring.
- Ashmolean Museum, Oxford, OX1 2PH
- Thursday 17 August
- Abbotts Farm: Meet and greet with alpacas and other rather farm breeds. Private tour.
- Abbotts View Farm, Moat Lane, Aston Abbotts, Aylesbury HP22 4NF (Buckinghamshire)
- Friday 25 August
- Café: Greasy spoon breakfast
- Kikis Café, Newtown Rd, Newbury RG14 7EY
- Tuesday 29 August
If you need any more information or to sign up to any of the forthcoming events, please email me.
South Central | Pip's update
It has been a busy month in the South Central region. 10 lucky people attended the opening night of Into the Woods, a musical at Salisbury Play House. Mission Motor sport had a multi-activity day at Thruxton Circuit. This was a popular event attended by a large number of BoBs. The weather couldn’t have been better, perfect for the microlight flights, and circuits in performance cars.
We had a wonderful 4 July BBQ at Tedworth House. Brilliant live music, glorious sunshine and a visit from over 30 motorcyclists on a fundraising ride made it a fabulous evening.
July saw two jewellery making evenings for BoS. It was a great opportunity to have a get together, good chats and to make some lovely jewellery.
We were very lucky to have two private viewings of the film Dunkirk before it went out on general release. It is an amazing film and those that attended were very appreciative to Contact for the tickets.
Last week was our annual summer fete. Almost 200 people turned up in spite of the weather and enjoyed a delicious cream tea, fairground teacup rides, face painting and other activities.
Please remember if you have not yet signed the membership agreement through your portal please try to do this before you attend any BoB & BoS events, if you have any problems accessing this please do let me know. Could I also ask that if you are happy for us to take any photos of yourselves and family please could you click here and fill in the Photo Consent Form.
What’s coming up in August:
- BoS and Kids Karting, Thruxton, 16 August
- Metal detecting day, Gosport, 20 August
- Picnic and crafting, Gosport, TBC
- Drama club, Tedworth House, TBC