Our Supporter Care Team would love to hear about your plans and provide more advice! Please give them a call on 0300 303 9888 or email email@example.com.
Why use a Charity Donation website?
Thanks to the convenience and security of today’s digital world, more people than ever before are choosing to host their charity donation platforms online.
Whether you’re gearing up to run a marathon in aid of Help for Heroes or cycling through France on the BBBR, it has never been easier to kick-start your fundraising efforts through an online charity donation page.
Here’s our guide to everything you need to know about JustGiving charity donation pages, including how to set one up.
The benefits of using a JustGiving charity donation page
Here are some of the biggest benefits of using JustGiving to set up a charity donation page:
- It’s simple. JustGiving make it incredibly easy to set up your page, all you have to do is fill in your information and you’re good to go.
- It’s personal to you. You can add your story about why you’re fundraising, post photos and progress videos– all of which make it more likely that friends, family and colleagues will sponsor you.
- It’s shareable. When you’re fundraising, you’re going to want to reach people. So just email your page link to friends, family and colleagues to tell them about your amazing challenge or event. Plus, posting on social is almost instant, you just share the link via your chosen platform, including WhatsApp. The donations will come flying in!
- It’s seamless. As you get donations, the money will come to Help for Heroes automatically and securely meaning you can focus on your fundraising efforts and sharing them.
- It doesn’t give up. Reaching your fundraising target on your first share is rare. So, send a few follow up emails or social posts to keep people updated on your training for a challenge or how your bake sale is getting on.
JustGiving is a great way to track your fundraising for us as well as keeping people engaged with what you’re up to whether you’re running a Tough Mudder or hosting a charity quiz.
Creating a fundraising page on JustGiving
It's a lot easier than you might think to set up a JustGiving page for Help for Heroes. And, whether you want to set up a fundraising page for a skydiving challenge or you’re looking to raise funds for a trek overseas, JustGiving is a fantastic platform to use.
Here’s how to set up your JustGiving page:
- Firstly, you will need to create your own personalised account, log in and click ‘Start Fundraising'. At this stage, you should also select that you are fundraising for a registered charity.
- Next, you will need to search for the cause you want to support.
- You will then need to state whether you are taking part in an event, celebrating an occasion, or fundraising in memory. If you can’t see your event listed on the drop-down menu, you can simply select ‘Add your own’ at the bottom of the page and provide further information about the activity you are going to be participating in.
- Next, you will need to select your web address. This is the link you will be sharing with friends and family when asking them to donate.
- Now simply click ‘Create your page’ and that’s it done! You can now use your fundraising page to accept donations. Once received, the funds will be sent across to your chosen charity each week.
- Get sharing and shout about your fundraising efforts! Social media is a great place to start sharing your page with family and friends.
Creating a fundraising page on Facebook
Rather than using a dedicated fundraising website like JustGiving, you can also make a fundraising page on Facebook.
Simply follow these simple steps to get started.
- Click Fundraisers in the left menu of your News Feed.
- Click Raise Money.
- Select Non-profit/Charity.
- Select Help for Heroes, choose a cover photo and fill in the fundraiser
- Click Create.
And that’s it, you’re ready to go!
Fundraising online with JustGiving or Facebook offers a whole host of opportunities to raise funds, allowing you to promote your fundraising efforts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Remember, our friendly Supporter Care Team are on hand Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm, if you require any assistance. Please call 0300 303 9888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org